Who else would've liked to join Malgus' New Empire?

Skurkanas

I mean seriously - He's like the only Sith capable of thinking further than "Hurr. Aliens! Me kill! Durr!". The guy makes so much sense it hurts.

At every point in the story on Illum, Battle for Illum and False Emperor I couldn't help thinking "Yeah, the guy's right!" Plus, most other characters that prefer advancing the Empires fate through thoughtful actions, rather than "farming darkside points" seem to have joined him.

So now I'm basically fighting for an Empire that despises me (I'm an alien) - granted, it always did that, but why am I trying to kill a glorious alternative? - I'm fighting for a bunch of xenophobic dumbnuts & against the only beacons of reason...

DO NOT WANT

Even from a perspective of sheer power, Malgus seems like the logical choice. Schism-Collective Death Lasers? Yes please!

I couldn't help but smile when Malgus said during the False Emperor that "one of you has vowed to join me" - sadly it didn't happen. I would've gladly killed my group :p

Edited by Skurkanas

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should probably change the thread's title, as it is a major spoiler and can be displayed on the whole section index.

But I agree with you completely. Malgus is one of the few Sith that treated my Snipers with respect (and not coincidentally, one of the other Sith that has done so is his ally Darth Serevin). It is made repeatedly clear that the Empire's racism is a weakness. Finally, Grand Moff Regus is an incompetent racist who I just wanted to slap.

You should probably change the thread's title, as it is a major spoiler and can be displayed on the whole section index.

But I agree with you completely. Malgus is one of the few Sith that treated my Snipers with respect (and not coincidentally, one of the other Sith that has done so is his ally Darth Serevin). It is made repeatedly clear that the Empire's racism is a weakness. Finally, Grand Moff Regus is an incompetent racist who I just wanted to slap.

How do I change it? Editing the inital post only changes the title of that post, not the thread as a whole.

As for the rest, I agree completely. At least they gave us options to say it to Regus' face.

Agreed. Unless Malgus's death brings the Empire to realize, "You know... he was kind of right", I think we should have been on the other side of the conflict.

I fear that the Dark Council isn't one to question it's own ways. At least some saw the tragedy in it (e.g. Hesker), but they have little say in these matters

Edited by Skurkanas

I did want to join but never expected it to be an option. The Sith Empire is basically an anachronistic Galactic Empire from the Rebellion Era, which means racism prevails, although they didn't adopt the sexist component (Seriously, look at the Imperial Fleet in the movies, its a sausage-fest). The only thing missing was a COMPNOR (Commission for the Preservation of the New Order) equivalent, which was a paramilitary group equivalent to the Nazi SA.

Canon Empire stories are all the Darkside versions. Therefore they cannot give you a massive Lightside choice that will reshape everything (Like Putting Malgus in charge of the entire Empire), Massive changes have to be Neutral or Dark only (killing Baras is Neutral for example, becuase you kill him for two reasons, one to take his power (DS), two to save the Empire from him (LS).

How do we know Empire characters are all Darkside canon? Because of how actions are viewed by other classes.

Republic characters will become aware their new Supreme Canceller, because the canon BH kills him.

Empire characters will pick up that Grathens wife and son are dead, because the canon SW slaughters them.

I've not dealt with Malgus much myself, but isn't his highest ambition to plunge the galaxy into perpetual warfare?

And his goal genius and glorious, because eternal war would continuously cull the weak from the strong, you get no more of these weakling Sith given strong positions just for having survived Korriban, and no more manipulators who can avoid there demise through bargains and allies. Only the truly strong would survive, only those that have the martial strength or force power to be truly be Sith.

Also I think Malgus sees the true nature to the Darkside and it's flaw. The Darkside is a force of Destruction, and it only works for that purpose. War is Destruction, as along as the Sith are at war they can rely on the Darkside 100% to work for their purposes, it wont turn on them. However the Darkside is horrible in times of Peace, when power of creation in more beneficial and the Darkside turns on Sith who naturally view each other as rivals and causes the Sith to Destroy themselves with these rivalries.

The Lightside is opposite (power of creation) which why the Republic flourishes in Peace and always struggles in times of war.

If the Sith always have an outside enemy they will never turn on each other (on mass anyway), which would mean the Sith will never be defeated, as they are always defeated by themselves in one way or another (despite Luke's best effort's, he was no match for Sidious and it was Vader that killed Sidious after all).

Canon Empire stories are all the Darkside versions. Therefore they cannot give you a massive Lightside choice that will reshape everything (Like Putting Malgus in charge of the entire Empire), Massive changes have to be Neutral or Dark only (killing Baras is Neutral for example, becuase you kill him for two reasons, one to take his power (DS), two to save the Empire from him (LS).

How do we know Empire characters are all Darkside canon? Because of how actions are viewed by other classes.

Republic characters will become aware their new Supreme Canceller, because the canon BH kills him.

Empire characters will pick up that Grathens wife and son are dead, because the canon SW slaughters them.

Actually, not necessarily true.

If not killed, the Chancellor gets put out of office anyway.

If not killed, Grathan's son masquerades as his father and goes around saying his "Son" was killed anyway.

I mean seriously - He's like the only Sith capable of thinking further than "Hurr. Aliens! Me kill! Durr!". The guy makes so much sense it hurts.

At every point in the story on Illum, Battle for Illum and False Emperor I couldn't help thinking "Yeah, the guy's right!" Plus, most other characters that prefer advancing the Empires fate through thoughtful actions, rather than "farming darkside points" seem to have joined him.

So now I'm basically fighting for an Empire that despises me (I'm an alien) - granted, it always did that, but why am I trying to kill a glorious alternative? - I'm fighting for a bunch of xenophobic dumbnuts & against the only beacons of reason...

DO NOT WANT

Even from a perspective of sheer power, Malgus seems like the logical choice. Schism-Collective Death Lasers? Yes please!

I couldn't help but smile when Malgus said during the False Emperor that "one of you has vowed to join me" - sadly it didn't happen. I would've gladly killed my group :p

I agree. I am mad that the main character for our faction gets killed and the game is only a month old. I wwanted to kill satelee shawn.

You can't assume that for "neutral" classes, such as Smuggler and Bounty Hunter. They are independent and could have gone either way. Janarus might still be alive, simply spared by the BH, and whatever the dark side choice is for Smugglers could have happened.

I agree. I am mad that the main character for our faction gets killed and the game is only a month old. I wwanted to kill satelee shawn.

I hate when players say this. You killed Revan and all you can say is "BUT BUT WHAT ABOUT SATELE! WE SHOULD GET TO KILL HER!"

Revan>Satele Shan. Stop with the complaining

I hate when players say this. You killed Revan and all you can say is "BUT BUT WHAT ABOUT SATELE! WE SHOULD GET TO KILL HER!"

Revan>Satele Shan. Stop with the complaining

Revan is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order and the figurehead of the Republic? Huh... weird.

Guess Satele is only acting like this to protect him.

Revan is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order and the figurehead of the Republic? Huh... weird.

Guess Satele is only acting like this to protect him.

Oh, I forgot. How many times has Satele saved the galaxy? Oh, none.

Revan, on the other hand, saved it, nearly conquered it, then saved it AGAIN and god knows what else after he went to attack the Sith Empire BY HIMSELF.

Revan >>>> Satele Shan

But i'm wasting my breath. Some people just complain for the sake of complaining.

Oh, I forgot. How many times has Satele saved the galaxy? Oh, none.

Revan, on the other hand, saved it, nearly conquered it, then saved it AGAIN and god knows what else after he went to attack the Sith Empire BY HIMSELF.

Revan >>>> Satele Shan

But i'm wasting my breath. Some people just complain for the sake of complaining.

You're wasting your breath because you're comparing apples to oranges. Revan isn't a figure of the Republic OR the Empire. He is a solo-player out for his own vision, really. Satele, on the other hand, is the direct opposite of Malgus. She's been set up as the Superman to his Lex Luthor. The Batman to his Joker, etc.

But she's spared. Jace Malcom is spared. Malgus is killed. Shae Vizla never makes an appearance in the game.

So, yeah.